Empties: August 2012

Monday, January 7, 2013

As you can probably tell, all these videos and posts that are going up seem a little late. I have recently changed from an older blog to this one (my new baby), and will be posting from here on out. However, I really love a lot of my old posts and videos. So I am currently in the process of transferring everything over and reuploading onto the new youtube channel. Unfortunately I skipped over my August Empties and now have to back track. So here is my post and video on the products that I finished over the month of August in 2012. Hope you enjoy and thanks for your patience!


If you are unfamiliar with Empties posts/videos, its just an easy way for one to share their opinions on products they have completely used and whether they would repurchase that product or not. I hope you guys enjoy.

Click read more to see mini review on each of the products (as well as links)
Empties
Mop Mixed Greens Shampoo for Normal to Dry Hair*
I would definitely repurchase this again. It cleaned and moisturized my hair while also smelling amazing!

Click "Read More" to read about the rest of the products.



Nick Chavez Volumizing Mist*
During the summer I love to use styling products like this. After towel drying my hair I would spray this in and as my hair would air dry I could tell a noticeable difference in body and volume. A definite repurchase.

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser*
I absolutely love this cleanser. I even got this one for free with a Kiehl's order. Great for my sensitive skin and works beautifully with the Clairsonic. I even did a blogpost on it here.

Frederic Fekkai Marine Summer Hair Beach Waves*
This is another after shower leave-in mist that I absolutely adore. I used this in my getting ready video here. I got mine at a reduced priced at T.J. Max, but after looking for it again online I noticed that the packaging has changed. I have ordered the new one and I really hope the formula hasn't changed; and its it has, hopefully for the better.

Glo Essential Moisture Enhance Hydrating Shampoo
I like this shampoo but it was really nothing special. If someone gave it to me or I saw it on sale I would happily repurchase it, but I'm not running to the store to snatch it up any time soon.

Redken Forceful 23 Super Strength Finishing Spray
I absolutely despised this product. It did nothing for my hair and I don't understand how they can label themselves as forceful and maximum hold? I do not recommend this.

This is amazing. I will be getting my hands on the full size of this product right away. I would apply it to my damp hair and then let it air dry and my waves would turn out frizz-free and shiny. One of my favorites that I finished this past month. 

I have been using this product for years and will continue to do so. It feels great on my sensitive skin and I notice a huge difference in the plumpness and tone to my skin when I am not using it. I featured this in my morning skincare routine here.

These are the best cotton pads that I have ever used. They are a bit pricey when you buy them at Walgreens but I just found them on drugstore.com for $3.50! I still want to try the Shiseido ones, but for now these will do.

These are delicious and the best motivation form to take my daily vitamins. I always have some sort of gummy vitamin on hand. 

Standard mouthwash. Remember to floss!

As of right now this is my all time favorite shave cream. I was obsessed with the EOS Shave Creams and even did an entire post about them. However, this product blows the EOS ones out of the water. Definitely get your hands on this is if you have sensitive and/or are prone to in grown hairs. 

Maybeline Fit Me! Concealer in Sand (20)
A wonderful creamy concealer. However it did crease like crazy around my eyes and thus I will be still on the hunt for my holy grail concealer and will not be repurchasing it.

Nick Chavez Volumizing Shampoo*
Great cleansing shampoo that left my hair clean and voluminized without being stripped. A refreshing and light scent that stayed in hair all day.

Tresemme Tres Two Hairspray (2)*
This is my all time favorite hairspray that I have ever used. I will always love this hairspray and will always have it in my arsenal.

Traditions by Nick Chavez Yucca Root Shampooing Cream*
Out of all the shampoo travel sizes that I went through this month this one was my favorite and was the first one that I repurchased. I absolutely loved the way it made my hair smooth and shiny without weighing it down.

MAC Mineralize Volcanic Ash Exfoliator*
Unfortunately this is a limited edition product (I can't find it on the MAC website) but I loved it and was lucky enough to grab a backup before they ran out at my Nordstrom counter. This is a product that comes out every year at some point with some collection and definitely recommend getting your paws on it. I used on both my face and body and loved it.

Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner
This is one of the few drugstore toners that doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. However, I didn't feel like it sunk into my skin and I won't be repurchasing it.

Lilly of Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gel*
I love this for applying after I spend time in the sun. This one can be found at Whole Foods and other higher end grocery stores. Standard aloe without being too sticky.

Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Invigorating Conditioner
Not the biggest fan of this conditioner. I felt like the tea tree oil in it was actually quite drying. I will not be repurchasing this again.

Love & Toast Daily Conditioner*
I really liked the formula of this conditioner. It smelled wonderful but my biggest complaint is the packaging. Its a really thick and hard plastic in a square shape that makes it very difficult to squeeze out all the product.

Love & Toast Daily Shampoo*
I feel the same way about the shampoo as I did the conditioner (see above)

Buxom Rebecca Lip Gloss
I was so sad to see this product go. It's one of my favorite lip glosses of all time and unfortunately does not come in a full size. It's only available in a duo that is not available all the time. I actually can't even find it on the Sephora or the Buxom websites right now. I do however recommend this formula.

Samples

Tarte Amazonian Clay Bronzer in Park Ave Princess*
I absolutely loved this and I have already purchased the full size. This is the perfect bronzer for summer when I have a little color. It does have shimmer to it so be warned, it may not be the greatest contour, but still an amazing finely milled product. This was a deluxe sample size that lasted me over 2 months which definitely gave me a good idea on what I thought of the product.

Jane Iredale So-Bronze 1
This was a deluxe sample size that lasted me months. However, I wasn't too crazy about it and I definitely don't think it's worth the price.

Crystal Essence Deoderant Towelettes (2)
These are absolutely horrible and do not work. Do to buy these.

Kiehl's Aromatic Blends: Orange Flower & Lychee Hand & Body Lotion*
This is a beautiful lotion that smells amazing. It's lightweight and perfect of for the warmer months.

Kiehl's Aromatic Blends: Orange Flower & Lychee Liquid Body Cleanser*
Paired with the lotion, the orange flower and lychee scent lingers on my skin all day. It's a light and summery scent without being "old lady".

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye Cream*
Amazing eye cream that I will definitely be purchasing with I run out of the eye creams that I already have on hand. It's lightweight while also nourishing my delicate eye area. It's eve light enough to use in the morning underneath my concealer.

Viva La Juicy La Fleur*
For me this is the best Juicy Couture perfume. It reminds me of something that Marc Jacobs would release. It's light, fruity, sweet, and floral all at the same time. I will be sure to ask this for my next birthday.

* = products that I would repurchase

That is absurd and I have a serious problem
Love, Claire

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |