Recipe: Tuesday Night Salad

Monday, January 7, 2013

I eat salad every day. Whether it's part of a meal or the main course, I try to incorporate fresh vegetables into my daily diet. Also, I just plain love it. Not only do I physically feel better when I eat fresh, but I love every bite of a well composed salad. Today I wanted to give you the recipe for one of my standard go-to salads. 


Ingredients

Salad:
1 1/2 cups of chopped Red Leaf Lettuce
1/2 cup of Fresh Basil julienned
1/3 cup chopped Grape Tomatoes
3 Artichoke Hearts (in olive oil) chopped
1/4 of a small Red Onion thinly sliced
1/3 cup chopped Green Onion (white & green parts)
2 small Persian Cucumbers chopped
2 Tbs Sliced Almonds
2 Tbs Dried Cranberries

Dressing:
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 1/2 Tbs Sherry Vinegar
1 Tbs Dijon Mustard
1 Clove of Fresh Garlic minced
Sea Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper



Recipe:

Add all the salad ingredients into a large bowl. 
Add all the dressing ingredients into a small jar and screw on the lid. Shake vigorously. Add dressing on top of salad. Toss and serve alone or with leftover grilled chicken and/or a slice of toasted baguette or french boulle (my favorite)!

So easy! I hope you guys found a little inspiration when you are digging around your fridge looking for salad ingredients. Enjoy!

Love, Claire

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |