FOTD 3-13-13

Thursday, March 14, 2013

I thought I would start a new series here on the blog. Face of the Days aren't new friends with blogs, but definitely new to The Makeup Architect. I think they are great ways for me to share the makeup that I'm using, and a way for me to share mini reviews on the products I'm trying out. Let me know what you guys think and if I should continue with these kinds of posts. Hopefully yes, because I thought it was so fun to do!


For the look I first started out by smoothing the Hourglass No. 28 Primer Serum all over my face. I'm enjoying this product sample, but not enough to shell out the money, it's good, but not life changing. After letting that set and sink in, I used my trusty Chanel Lift Lumiere Foundation in Ivoire (14). This is one of my favorite (and most expensive) foundations. It gives a beautiful satin finish and the medium coverage, buildable foundation lasts all day (the plastic packaging is obviously not very durable).


To cover the dark circles under my eyes and the redness around my nose I used my MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW 20. This is a full coverage and very blendable long-lasting product. My only complaints are the smell and the over zealous pump dispenser, otherwise its perfect for those of us with those genetic deep purple under eyes. To ensure that there would be no creasing and migrating into the fine lines under my eyes, I used the Bare Minerals Mineral Veil to set the concealer. To cover my blemishes and scars, my favorite is the MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW 20, it doesn't budge all day once it's been set with powder; this time was my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural.


MAC's Bare Study Paint Pot served as the perfect base for the star of the show, my new Burberry Sheer Eye Shadow in Rosewood. This is THE ultimate in luxury eyeshadows. There is no going back now that I've tried this shadow, it has reset my standards for the possibilities of makeup; over dramatic much? I placed rosewood all over the lid, into the crease, and took it under the eye. I used The Balm shadows from the Nudetude Palette; Sultry to blend out the crease and Sassy on the brow bone as as inner corner highlight. Finally, a little brown eyeliner, Nars Laguna as a contour, Tarte Magic on the cheeks, Revlon Coral Reef on the lips, and Covergirl Clump Crusher Waterproof on the lashes.

This has been my go-to-lookfor a while now and I am absolutely in love with it!

Hope you guys enjoyed!
Love,
Claire

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |