Restaurant: Yank Sing

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Dim Sum. I honestly can't get enough of it. I'm always craving it. My parents are sweet enough to always take me almost every time I'm visiting them in San Francisco. Last time I was there we decided to go to one of our old favorites Yank Sing. And as you can tell from the picture below, we weren't the only ones with this idea on a Sunday afternoon.


Yank Sing is no where near your average, or even authentic dim sun restaurant. However it is delicious if you are willing to pay the high price tag. I'm always a fan of steamed dumplings; shrimp, pork, mushroom, you name it. But at Yank Sing I will also get some of their more modern and Western dishes, like the cabbage salad below. So good!


Yank Sing is definitely a great place to bring some one who has never been to dim sum. Unfortunately it won't be as easy to find the chicken feet and pork spare ribs that are typically standard fare. Here I recommend the har gao (shrimp dumplings), the steamed mushroom dumplings, and the cabbage salad. Almost everything is a hit except for the sea bass, I really don't think it's worth it (yes, sea bass at dim sum, welcome to Yank Sing). 


Pictured above is the cabbage salad, walnut shrimp (far left) and assortment of seafood based steamed dumplings (all delicious). I will definitely be back to Yank Sing, but only with my parents. When I'm with friends we typically find that hole-in-the-wall that serves tasty treats for under $3 a plate.

Love, 
Claire

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |