Review: Skin 79 Rose Mask

Sunday, July 21, 2013

After a long day at work, one of my favorite ways to relax and wind down is to spend a little time pampering myself. I will change into more comfortable clothes, slowly massage my makeup off with a cleansing oil, and eventually slap on a face mask. As the mask is doing its magic, I'll go make dinner, throw some laundry in the washer, and anything else that needs to be done around the house. My latest mask obsession is by Skin 79. A brand that I was introduced to in a small asian beauty supply in San Francisco when I was on the hunt for more Liole products (I love that BB Cream). I saw this mask discounted and I decided it looked like my kind of thing: chunks of rose petals and moisturizing, perfect. Surprise, surprise, I love the Skin 79 Rose Mask and it has quickly become one of my favorites. 


You can see this mask in action in my Sunday Routine video where I used it immediately after a deep pore cleansing mask. When I'm breaking out, the cleansing mask will pull the impurities out, and the Skin 79 Rose Mask hydrates while calming the irritation and rosacea. The cooling gel consistency is a little odd at first, as it seems like you are putting strawberry jam on your face, but the moisturizing and calming effects are immediate. I suppose that on hot days this would also be a great mask to pop in the fridge and use it as a cooling agent as well (i.e. post sun exposure/burn). For the quality of the product, I find the price at $14 to be incredibly affordable and worthwhile. Unfortunately, the accessibility is limited as this is a Korean company that is not widely available in North America. I have been really enjoying using this product during the Spring and Summer when my skin is dry and I've pulled some really long hours at the office. However, I will have to see if the moisture and hydrating factors will stand through the test of my incredibly dry and dehydrated winter skin. Stay tuned for a future update.


Hope you enjoyed!

Love,
Claire

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |