Review: Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayons

Monday, April 14, 2014

A brand that I have loved for over a year and a half is Bite Beauty. Focused on using primarily food grade ingredients, Bite Beauty is a lip product brand that truly deserves more attention. A line full of high quality products, they recently released limited edition Matte Creme Lip Crayons in bold and beautiful colors. During the VIB Rouge 15% sale I picked up three colors that I thought I would share with you today. I chose Kumquat, Sweety, and Satsuma.  


First things first, the lip pencils are creamy and incredibly pigmented. Not only are they a bold spring/summer statement lip but they are long lasting and comfortable to wear. I was curious to see if I had anything in my collection that was comparable (including limited edition shades). As you can see below Sweety is the closest to Milani Fruit Punch, but still not an exact dupe. 


While Satsuma is probably the shade that I had that most similar lippies, like Nars Yu and Mac Embrace Me, it still doesn't compare to them because the texture is unlike anything else I have. The faint citrus smell is pleasant and adds to the entire experience of this product. My only gripe is that they didn't make more shades. All the released colors are bright and bold, and for those that don't feel comfortable with such a statement look, cannot partake. However, a very similar product, the Bite Beauty High Pigment Lip Pencils are equally creamy and pigmented. However, they are glossy and don't come in a matte finish.


If you are a fan of the bold lip, I say run to your closest Sephora, the exclusive retailer of Bite Beauty, for the Matte Creme Lip Crayons. I have really fallen in love and look forward to wearing these in the upcoming warmer months. 

Hope you enjoyed!
Love, 
Claire

2 comments :

  1. These look really cool and the idea of the crayon is awesome!!
    Lovely Swatches, too, by the way! :D
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.blogspot.co.uk 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you're a fan of the lip crayon I definitely suggest these. Glad you liked the swatches, I hope to do more of these types of posts in the future.

      Delete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |